Monday, August 23, 2010

July 28, 2010-Day 209

Hawaii is 6 hours behind Eastern Standard Time, so we woke up early each morning, and I mean early. This is what the sky looked like when we woke up.

Moon

I kind of liked it, though. It was very peaceful and we usually drank tea and ate breakfast out on our lanai while we watched the surfers.

Surfers

I know I have discussed the virtues of the Canon 55-250 before, but I just want to point it out again. Both of the above photos were taken with this lens. Our hotel was actually 1 1/2 blocks from the beach and the surfers were out quite a bit into the ocean. And obviously the moon is really far away, but, if you look on the lower (our) left side of the moon, you can see craters. This is really a great lens if you don't want to (or can't) spend the money on L glass.

Because we were up so early, we got the first bus to Hanauma Bay where went snorkeling. Because we were swimming, I only took my p&s with me, and I didn't really take that many photos anyway since I had already taken some on the 26th. But here are a couple from that day.

Spider

Palm

No comments:

Post a Comment